Chocolate chip cookie important to me… It mean whole lot to me… Om nom nom nom. — Cookie Monster
Why bake it?
Everyone should have a “go-to” chocolate chip cookie recipe. Although I’ve only been baking for the last couple of years, I must say this is the best chocolate chip cookies ever.
Some cookies get too dry, too hard, too cakey, too chewy, too sweet. However, these cookies are just the right amount of cakey, chewiness, softness and moistness.
I’m getting hungry just thinking about them.
Best paired with?
It’s best eaten with warm milk on a cold day, or ice cream on a warm day — like a cookie ice cream sandwich.
- 1/2 cup of butter (or unsweetened apple sauce)
- 1/2 cup of white sugar
- 3/4 cup of brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup of all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 cup of chocolate chips (or more if you want them more chocolatey)
- Preheat oven to 360 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease cookie sheet or put parchment paper on top of it.
- Cream butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until fluffy (around 3 minutes).
- Add eggs and vanilla and beat for 2 minutes.
- Sift baking soda, baking powder, salt, and flour into the batter and mix until it's smooth.
- Fold in chocolate chips until well distributed.
- Drop about 2 tablespoons of dough into cookie sheet making sure there is at least 2 inches of space between each scoop.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes until the edges are golden brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for about 2 - 5 minutes (depending on your self-control!).
- Best eaten warm with ice cream, or with milk (if you like milk).