“By then I knew that everything good and bad left an emptiness when it stopped. But if it was bad, the emptiness filled up by itself. If it was good you could only fill it by finding something better.”
― Ernest Hemingway, A Moveable Feast
Bad Bananas can be Good Bananas
Have you ever found yourself stuck with bad bananas that are practically overripe and black and you’re standing there thinking, “Hmmm sorry banana, on the trash you go.”?
Well, you probably don’t apologize to fruits like me, but you get the point. This thing happens to me almost all the time I buy a bunch of bananas!
I used to get upset when it happens, but not anymore! Because my bad bananas can be good bananas.
They are perfect for my Nutella Banana Bread recipe!
Easiest ‘No Fail’ Nutella Banana Bread Recipe
Nowadays, as some of you can tell from how less often I post on my blog, it has been quite difficult to find time to bake during the week. Right now, I am even typing this post on my phone on the train while on my way to work.
If I could just bake all day and not work, I will be the happiest person on earth! But now, I just need to find recipes that are easy to make for a busy working adult :)
This week’s banana bread recipe comes from my lovely sister who makes it all the time for her wonderful kids.
I am in love with this recipe because it is simple, versatile and made from common pantry ingredients.
You’re free to add that little extra something to it! For me, it’s Nutella and strawberry jam :)
Nutella Banana Bread for the Busy You
To bake this delicious banana bread, first mash your overripe bananas.
Then, mix in the melted butter (mine was not completely melted but either way it will turn out fine!).
Add the sugar, vanilla, salt and egg. Mix well.
Add the baking soda and the flour and mix well.
Add your special ingredients and mix well.
Pour batter in loaf or cake pan and bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 30 to 40 minutes.
Enjoy it while it’s warm!
I hope you enjoy this Nutella Banana Bread recipe. And please feel free to share how you make your banana bread extra special!
- 2 to 3 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/3 cup of melted butter
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- Pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 cup of flour
- 3 to 4 tablespoons of strawberry jam/puree/preserves (or flavour of your choice or fresh fruits)
- 3 to 4 tablespoons of Nutella (or chocolate chips)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix the mashed bananas and melted butter.
- Add the sugar, salt, vanilla extract and 1 egg and mix well.
- Add the baking soda and flour and mix well.
- Add the jam/puree and Nutella, or whatever ingredients you want!
- Grease a loaf pan or a cake pan and pour in the batter.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 30 to 40 minutes. To test if it's good enough, pierce it with a fork, knife or toothpick and it should come out clean.
- Enjoy warm!
- If you don't have enough bananas, you can substitute it for zucchini or applesauce or some other mushy fruit or vegetable.